Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Learning New Things...

I am learning how to sit in the recliner and let the kids and Greg do everything.  Charlie wanted a grilled cheese yesterday so I talked him through making his own.  He did such a nice job I told him I'd try to get him a job at the "tuck shop" which is the snack shop at his school, where they make good toasted cheese sandwiches.

 He even cut it into the triangles!
Since I am sleeping downstairs, Charlie sleeps next to me on the aerobed, he decided to turn it into a fort!
He made his own swimming pool , since we don't have one.

SA does have its own town of Boston, forgot to put this in the last post...it was a tiny place, not quite like our Boston!  It even had a little place called the Boston Tea Party, I wonder how many South Africans even know what that is?

Before break I went to the Valentine's tea for the Grade 8's at Katie's school. 
This is Inga, Katie's Matric, (a Senior), she is a great girl who also has a sister that is in Katie's class.  She is supposed to look out for Katie this year, her first year in the Senior school.  Kelly looks out for her too, so she is well taken care of.  Both girls are away at camps this week, they were excited to go.

I've been saving this photo, this is one of Greg's favorite things about living here, the movies are super cheap and if you go to the movies at one of the Menlyn Mall they have special parking spaces for people with Diplomatic plates, they move the cone and let you park right by the entrance.  Here was our van in the spot when we went to see the CG movie The Finest Hours.  We were the only former Coasties in the audience I'm sure!

I saved the best for last, on that trip to the movies, we learned that one man's shopping cart is another mans recliner!  There were two guys chilling here in both carts!  Katie gets the credit for getting the photo!

So next time you are out shopping and need a break you can go Africa style!

No comments:

Post a Comment