Thursday, May 23, 2019

Roald Dahl Day!

In Charlie's 3rd grade class they celebrated Roald Dahl's wonderful books like Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, The Twits, Mathilda, etc.  I learned about the cookbook below of his Revolting Recipes that was published by his wife.  

Charlie and I had a great time trying some of the recipes so he could bring them in.

 From The Twits
Our failed attempt at Candy Apples...I guess a candy thermometer is essential!  My friend said it is way too humid in Brussels for making candy!  I guess that is why they make beer instead!

Candy Coated Pencils for Sucking in Class-kids LOVED these! & Everlasting Gobstoppers

Mr. Twit's beard- super gross!

Spitsizzlers from The Giraffe The Pele & Me

Lickable Wallpaper from Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
We were busy in the kitchen for hours after school, when Greg came home I got a good laugh out of him when I said, "Charlie's teacher is going to say that its time Mrs. Hughes got a full time job again!"

It's fun to have the time to do these things with my 3rd grader....I know soon enough he will be filling out college applications!

No comments:

Post a Comment