Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Not shopping at Farmland anymore!!

One of our favorite grocery stores at home was a little local place called Farmland.  A quick go-to meal was always their pre-made chicken parmesan.  I cooked dinner for the first time the past two nights.  The first night I made tacos and was happy to find everything except hard shell tacos and the only tortilla chips were made in Greece- not exactly Tostitos but still good!

Last night the kids and I walked to the grocery store at the corner and bought some stuff for dinner.  They had great fresh bread, fruits and vegetables and the also had pre-made breaded chicken.  We got back to our place and I warmed the chicken in the pan (we only have two burners-stove is across the hall in a big community kitchen) and put it on the fresh bread for the kids.  Katie had a few bites, Kelly had a bite and said, "Mom, this doesn't taste right".  To my horror I fed them raw chicken!!!  I guess they just bread the chicken and expect you to pan fry it at home.  So after a quick thorough cooking the chicken was edible and I'm happy to report that none of the kids are battling salmonella!  We had a good laugh about it at breakfast and Greg reminded the kids to be good to Mom (or else)!

It is a holiday here today, election day and I guess it can take hours to vote.  Good news for us is Greg (our driver) is home so we are heading to the zoo where the guidebook tells us it has a cable car and golf carts to drive around!


No comments:

Post a Comment